Château Lafon-Rochet Grand Cru classé en 1855

History & legacy

XVIIth century

Antoinette de Guillemotes becomes the owner of the Domaine Rochet. She marries Etienne de Lafon. The Estaste is renamed and becomes Château Lafon-Rochet.

1855

The year of enlightenment: Château Lafon-Rochet becomes one of the 61 Châteaux selected of the occasion of Paris Universal Exhibition to form the famous 1855 Médoc Classification

1960

Guy Tesseron, the first family member to take the stage, becomes the owner of Château Lafon-Rochet.

1961 - 1975

Outstanding vintages bring Lafon-Rochet into the limelight.

1999

Guy Tesseron entrusts Château Lafon-Rochet to his children, Michel Tesseron and Caroline Poniatowski.

2000

Michel Tesseron paints the Château in bright yellow and modernizes the production facilitites

2007

In turn, Michel Tesseron passes the estate on to his son Basile Tesseron, who takes over boldly and whith passion: "Making a fine wine is not a job, it's a lifetime commitment".

2014 - 2016

Two new cellars are unveiled at Lafon-Rochet. One with concrete vats, the other with stainless steel.

2016

Le Château Lafon-Rochet is open to the public, all year round.

Follow us instagram